There is nothing more frustrating than coming home after a long day and fiddling with a malfunctioning garage door opener. After all, what good is a garage door that you can’t use?
With Precision’s garage door opener repair service, we focus on resolving that frustration with a functional garage door opener, to give you peace of mind.
Causes of a Faulty Garage Door Opener
Below are five common reasons why your garage door opener may not be able to open your door:
- Malfunctioning gears or belts: If the gears or belts in your garage door opener are damaged or worn, fixing the problem may be as simple as replacing the damaged part.
- Defective wiring: It's important to ensure that the wiring in your garage is working properly, as it can affect your garage door opener. If you suspect any issues with your wiring, we suggest consulting with a licensed electrician to have it checked.
- Misaligned safety sensor: Safety sensors prevent your garage door from closing when there are objects in its way, which can make it seem like your opener isn’t working. Check your opener again after your safety sensors have been aligned.
- Dead battery: The battery in your remote control or keypad may need to be replaced.
- Needs to be reprogrammed: You may need to reset your garage door opener. Refer to your instruction manual for information on resetting your device.
Don’t let your faulty garage door opener put a damper on your day. Contact one of our garage door professionals now for repair options.
Why You Shouldn’t Use a Malfunctioning Garage Door Opener
We care about your safety when operating your garage door and its opener. Since your door and opener communicate with each other, a faulty garage door opener could potentially cause your garage door to act erratically.
Our experts do not recommend operating a malfunctioning garage door opener for the following reasons:
- Your garage door has the potential to become stuck in one position, putting extra pressure on the door and its springs.
- Your garage door could open or close when you least expect it, which puts any unsuspecting people or vehicles at risk.
- If the sensors in your garage door are off, your opener could trigger the door to close even when there are objects in its way.
Garage Door Opener Repair vs. Replacement
The decision to repair or replace your garage door opener should be based on a few factors including:
- The opener’s age: Older garage door openers that don’t operate well may benefit from replacement instead of repair.
- Whether or not the opener needs frequent repair: If you find that your opener is always going out, it may be time to consider buying a new one altogether.
- Personal preference for new technology: Your garage door opener may be perfectly fine but simply not contain newer technology or safety features. In that case, you may upgrade simply due to personal preference.
Garage Door Opener Repair Near You
Your garage door opener is key to having a functional garage that you can enjoy. Call (877) 301-7474 or find the Precision Garage Door Service location nearest you to get started on your garage door opener repairs.