FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Questions About Precision Door Service
Garage Door Repair Questions
New Garage Door Questions
Garage Door Opener Questions
Garage Door Spring Questions
Garage Door Part Questions
QUESTIONS ABOUT PRECISION DOOR SERVICE
- Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
- YES. We will gladly provide you with the appropriate documentation.
- Do you stand behind your work?
- YES. We back our work with a limited lifetime warranty. This warranty covers our parts and labor.
- Can you help me with my broken garage door after hours?
- YES. We offer 24 hr. emergency service.
- Do you hire full time employees or use subcontractors?
- Precision Door Service garage door technicians are always full time employees - not subcontractors. They are professionally trained by the best in the industry and can repair, service or install any garage door system.
- How do your replacement parts compare to typical replacement parts?
- Our parts are the highest quality parts available in the garage door industry today. You can rest assured knowing your garage door will operate safely and smoothly for years to come.
- Do you do commercial work?
- YES. Most of our locations do commercial work. Call the location nearest you for more details.
GARAGE DOOR REPAIR QUESTIONS
- My garage door is jammed. Can I fix that myself or do I need help?
- There are 5 common reasons why your door might jam. Some are fixes you can tackle on your own. Sometimes, it will require a tech. Read this article to sort it out. 5 Common Reasons Your Door Is Jammed
- My garage door won't open? What can I do?
- When your garage door won't open there are some simple fixes that you can do yourself and other problems where you might want to call a professional. Click here to learn all the fixes
- Why is my garage door shaking when it opens or closes?
- Find out the possible reasons and preventions as to why your garage door is shaking when it opens and closes. Click here to learn the facts and solutions on Garage Doors.
- Can you make my garage door so it's not so loud and clanky?
- YES. Simply put... we can make your garage door the quietest on the block!
- Will you be able to fix my garage door on the first trip?
- YES. A professionally trained technician will arrive, on-time, in a fully stocked truck and fix your garage door right - the first time.
- Does my garage door require maintenance?
- Most of today's garage doors don't require maintenance but there are a few quick things you can do to keep your door in good working order throughout the year. Learn more about annual garage door maintenance here
- Why is My Garage Door Noisy?
- Your garage door can be a lot quieter than it is now. Follow these tips to find out how.
NEW GARAGE DOOR QUESTIONS
- What type of garage door should I buy?
- Steel garage doors are the most popular. Most garage doors sold today are made out of steel. They are maintenance free, durable and typcially cost the least. There are situations when you might want to consider other styles. Find out more.
- Do you sell and install new garage doors?
- YES. Call the location nearest you for a FREE, no obligation consultation and estimate.
- Do I need garage door insulation?
- Garage door insulation will impact your garage door in 3 ways:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Increase durability
- Reduce noise
- Can I save money buying a cheap garage door?
- There are several factors to consider when buying a garage door. Buying what you need is probably best. Learn about cheap garage doors here
- Latest Garage Door Trends
- Black garage doors and Mosaic windows are 2 of the latest garage door trends. Both add an ultra modern look to your home. Click here to learn more about garage door trends
GARAGE DOOR OPENER QUESTIONS
- Do you sell and install new garage door openers and accessories?
- YES. Call the location nearest you for more details.
- What size opener (horsepower) is best for my garage door?
- Find out which size opener or horsepower is the best for your garage door and why.
- What kind of garage door opener can I get if I have low ceilings?
- Click here to learn more about different options of garage door openers that will work for the height of your garage.
- How do I program my Precision Garage Door Opener remote and keypad?
- Programming your Precision remote and keypad is easy. Click here and follow the steps and watch a demonstration
- Can I use my smart phone to operate my garage door opener?
- Yes, there are 2 ways to accomplish this. Please read how to set up the garage door opener iphone app for a complete overview on how to accomplish this.
- Why are the lights on my garage door opener flashing causing my door not to close?
- When your garage door opener lights are blinking, or flashing, and your garage door does not close all the way, you may have an issue with your safety sensors (eyes). The number of flashes can help to identify the potential issue. Click here to learn all the facts on Garage Door Opener Flashing
- Why does it sound like my garage door (opener) motor is running but is not opening my garage door?
- Find out the possible reasons and solutions as to why your garage door opener motor sounds like it is on and running, but your door cannot open or close. Click here to learn all the facts on Garage Door Openers
- Why Did My Garage Door Opener Just Stop Working?
- There are 3 reasons your opener might've suddenly stopped working. We'll take you through all 3 and provide videos for the fix. Click here to learn more.
- What's the Best Garage Door Opener?
- With reliability being so good the best garage door opener is the one with the features that meet your needs. Click here learn how to choose the best Garage Door Opener for you
- Do garage door openers offer LED lighting?
- Yes! LED lighting is offered on new openers. Click here to learn more about brands and brightness.
GARAGE DOOR SPRING QUESTIONS
- Can you fix the springs on my garage door?
- YES. We are broken spring specialists. Our replacement torsion springs are heavy duty, high cycle, oil tempered springs that do not require lubrication and can last over 4 times as long as typical garage door springs.
- Should I fix a broken garage door spring myself?
- The simply answer is no. Fixing a garage door spring yourself is dangerous. You could hurt yourself severely or even die. Click here to find out 5 DIY garage door mistakes.
- Which garage door springs do I have?
- You have either torsion springs or extension springs. You'll see torsions springs above your door or extension springs on the sides. Torsion springs have metal cones at the end, extension springs loops. Torsion springs are on a metal tube, extension springs are not. See comparison images and find out more.
GARAGE DOOR PART QUESTIONS
- Garage door panels | Should you replace only one?
- When replacing anything on your garage door, you want to be educated in making the best decision for your home. Replacing just the panel can make things worse. Click here to learn more about Panel Replacement
- What is a garage door seal?
- There are many different types of seals for multiple purposes. These are an essential part of your garage door. Click here to learn the facts about Garage Door Seals