Luxury garage doors can raise the value of your home, increase your home’s curb appeal, and even help improve your home’s security. With these exclusive benefits and many more, it’s no wonder many homeowners are flocking toward these stylish and durable garage doors.
Let’s explore some features of luxury garage doors by diving into these topics:
Design and Aesthetics for Luxury Garage Doors
Whether you prefer a more traditional look, a modern aesthetic, or a style in between, there are a number of luxury garage doors to suit your preference. Below are just a few of the many options you have to choose from.
- Modern: Full-view doors are a common and elegant way to add a contemporary feel to the exterior of your home. Made with glass panels and aluminum framing, these doors can be considered upscale for the unique curb appeal they offer. Other modern luxury garage doors include bi-fold and multi-panel doors.
- Traditional: For a classic or vintage look, consider carriage house garage doors. This style is fashioned after old carriage houses from the 18th and 19th century. For a traditional aesthetic that is a bit more subtle, consider raised-panel beige or white garage doors made from a sturdy material such as steel. This makes for a clean but elegant feel.
- Minimalistic: Many homeowners opt for flush panel doors to achieve a sleek look. Flush panel doors do not have raised designs. Instead, they feature a flat design with simple horizontal or vertical lines. Other minimalistic options include wood doors and frameless glass doors.
Window Designs and Placements
- Window shape: Garage door windows are often the accents that your garage door needs for a high-end appearance. For example, rectangle-shaped windows can create a modern appeal, while an arched window has a more classic and refined feel.
- Window opacity: Clear windows can exude a traditional appearance. Conversely, stained or frosted windows may be used to obtain a vintage look.
- Position of the window: You can experiment with the placement of your garage door windows to custom design a luxury garage door. While some prefer the less common look of vertical windows down the side of a garage door, others opt for a classic horizontal window placement.
Colors, Textures, and Finishes
- Faux wood: Faux wood garage doors are a happy medium that gives homeowners the high-end look of wood and the low maintenance of other door material types. Typically made by embossing or printing a wood pattern over a steel door, these garage doors can add an elegant ambiance to your home’s exterior.
- Metal finishes: By adding a polished or mirror finish to your garage door, you can create an upscale look that increases your home’s value and curb appeal.
- Color matching: With the right color-matching techniques, your garage door can be the perfect complement to your home’s exterior. Create a cohesive look by matching like or complementary colors. Black garage doors are another option for those looking for a trendy yet sophisticated style.
High-Quality Materials for Luxury Garage Doors
Your garage door’s material plays a major role in ensuring the longevity of your luxury garage door. Let’s take a look at a few materials that are considered on the higher end of garage door materials:
- Wood: Wood garage doors are often associated with status and prestige. Although they are costly and require more maintenance than other garage door material types do, their design versatility makes the added maintenance worth it for many people.
- Metal: Metals give off a shiny, reflective appearance that can contribute to a garage door’s elegant look. Additionally, some metals are rust resistant — an added benefit for high-humidity areas.
- Glass: Unlike some other garage door materials, glass is normally sought after for its aesthetic appeal rather than durability or insulation properties. A simple yet sleek choice, glass garage doors connect your home to the outside world via clear panels. Some even consider the clear paneling an advantage for showing off a fancy car collection or remodeled garage.
Technological Features for Luxury Garage Doors
The technological features that a luxury garage door has can also set it apart. Below are features that can take your door from good to great:
- Smartphone control: With a smart garage door opener, you can control your garage door with a touch of the screen on your smartphone. Some models even have voice control that allows you to operate your door using spoken commands.
- Security systems: Some smart garage doors openers come with enhanced security features such as camera surveillance to monitor your garage door.
- Climate control: Other technologically advanced garage doors allow you to integrate your garage space’s temperature into the overall heating or cooling strategy of your home.
Learn More About Your Options for Luxury Garage Door Installation
Whether you’re looking to install a sleek-looking door or one with smart features, luxury garage doors can help add style, class, and convenience to your home. To learn more about your options for garage door installation, find the Precision Garage Door Service® technician nearest you.